I discovered on Friday that a mistake had been made on the electrical in the basement. I had asked them to wire two of the outlets to be on a switch so that my laptop (stored and to be plugged in above a shelf over the desk) and my monitors, (plugged in below the desk) can't drain any power at all while powered off.
I could have continued to use the power bar that I use now, but I would rather not have the clutter around the desk. On Friday, I discovered that only the outlet above the shelf was put on the switch. So, now, I have to have the power bar for the monitors AND use the switch to power on/off the laptop.
The alternative would be to have them cut out the drywall and fix the outlets, which then means that the drywall would have to be fixed and repainted as well. Lord only knows how long this will take. Considering that all they've accomplished in three months is the framing, electrical and drywall, I don't have high hopes for a quick turn around.
I'm pissed, is about the only was to sum it up. This six week job really doesn't need any more delays, but it doesn't make sense to pay extra for something that not only doesn't do what I want, it complicates what I had in the first place.
Sriracha Pimento Cheese Spread
19 hours ago