- A few years ago, I picked up this shrub from the "we killed this - you can have it if you think you can revive it pile". It looked like a couple of sticks at the time. Last year, it grew a little. This year, it's blooming.
I think it's a purple sand cherry bush, but I'm not entirely sure.
- I planted kale last night. I'm not sure if I've ever even eaten kale, but the guy at the nursery thought it could handle the dry, hot location I was trying to fill.
- I was supposed to have next week off for my annual gardening week. Unfortunately, work has interfered and I've had to cancel.
- Saturday, I'm joining a group from the community association, and we're building raised beds for the community gardens. I'm tempted to take one (as a volunteer I get first dibs) but I don't know if I'll have time to maintain it. This stresses me a little, because if I don't take it now and then change my mind, I expect it'd be a long wait on the waiting list.
- OK, this isn't gardening related and it's a bad picture (it was raining outside and too dark), but I'm going to include it anyway. As part of the insurance claim from last year, I got a new tablecloth. This little number came from Anthropologie. It pretty much clashes with the rest of the decor, but I don't care. It makes me smile.