Monday, May 28, 2012

Five years later...

The year after I moved in,  I bought a hawthorn tree to block the view between the dining room window and the street.    The tree hasn't gown much - it doesn't block any views - but even more disappointing is that it hasn't bloomed.

Honestly, this year I was prepared to pull it out and replace it.  Now I think I'll give it another chance.  There aren't many yet (I almost didn't see them at the very top) but there are finally some blooms.



I figure that these earn the tree at least another year  in my yard.

4 comments:

  1. My experience has been that it takes a few years for newly planted trees and bushes to bloom properly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has taken me a helluva lot longer than 5 years to reach my full bloom! Stick with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the bluest sky I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the Alberta sky - we get some pretty fantastic shades of blue.

      Delete