Thursday, May 31, 2012

Gardening bits and bobs


  • A few years ago, I picked up this shrub from the "we killed this - you can have it if you think you can revive it pile".  It looked like a couple of sticks at the time.  Last year, it grew a little.  This year, it's blooming.


I think it's a purple sand cherry bush, but I'm not entirely sure.


  • I planted kale last night.  I'm not sure if I've ever even eaten kale, but the guy at the nursery thought it could handle the dry, hot location I was trying to fill.

  • I was supposed to have next week off for my annual gardening week.  Unfortunately, work has interfered and I've had to cancel.   

  • Saturday, I'm joining a group from the community association, and we're building raised beds for the community gardens.  I'm tempted to take one (as a volunteer I get first dibs) but I don't know if I'll have time to maintain it.  This stresses me a little, because if I don't take it now and then change my mind, I expect it'd be a long wait on the waiting list.

  • OK, this isn't gardening related and it's a bad picture (it was raining outside and too dark), but I'm going to include it anyway.  As part of the insurance claim from last year, I got a new tablecloth.  This little number came from Anthropologie.  It pretty much clashes with the rest of the decor, but I don't care.  It makes me smile.




1 comment:

  1. Oh you must make Kale Chips: tear the leaves into bite size pieces, drizzle with olive oil and a little sea salt, bake at 350 degrees (F) for about 30 minutes. Almost as good as potato chips!

    ReplyDelete