Sunday, December 4, 2016

Location scouting

Every week since Gemma came home, I take a picture of her with Lewis on the stairs of the back deck and post it on Facebook.  It's been fun to watch her grow from smaller than Lewis to 4 times his size, and now each picture shows her getting lighter and lighter in colour.

Unfortunately, the lighting is getting harder to deal with as winter settles in.  The sun is directly behind the stairs in the mornings, the light reflects off the snow and gives the pictures a blue tinge in the afternoon, and it's dark in the evenings.  So, I have been thinking about shooting the pictures in another spot.

I took this one last night.  It didn't work out so well - I had to use a filter to clean up the colour again because there was too much of a red tinge.


I swear, Apple used to let us adjust the white scale in pictures between blue and red, but now it just intensifies and reduces the colours.  I guess what this means is that using my cheap point and shoot camera or my iphone won't work.  I'll have to bust out the good camera, and make those adjustments before I take the shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment