Tuesday, May 19, 2009

To the vet

Winter had to go to the vet today. He was diagnosed with a bladder infection about three weeks ago, after I'd brought him in to be checked over due to his (pardon the pun) pissy behaviour. When all isn't right in his world, Winter tends to take it out on Cotton. Pour Cotton was being hissed at and swatted so much that I was worried about leaving them home alone.

My vet is amazing. She's totally on-board with my desire for the least invasive treatments possible without over-medicating them. So, three weeks ago, after the tests for a bladder infection came back, she gave him a shot of antibiotics and sent us home. Ever since, Winter's behaviour has been much improved, but he was still periodically hissing at or swatting Cotton. Back we went today.

Normally he purrs his way through exams, but today he cursed her out any time that she touched near his butt. It turns out that poor Winter had blocked up anal glands. (So I guess his behaviour was shitty, not pissy. Hardyharhar.) The vet figures that this is a result of the bladder infection, and shouldn't be a recurring issue. Cotton hopes she's right.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Janice! I have missed you at GP. I too have started a blog. I just had a hard time rattling on at GP after Country Cat was gone. I tried but through no ones fault but my own I just felt out of it there as far as blog stuff. My stuff seemed so trivial compared to the things there and how much longer could I blog about my kitty that was gone. So now I can yammer on about whatever and that works for me! Hope Winter gets to feeling better and Cotton too.Come visit me. I will have to catch up with your other entries.

    LD

    ReplyDelete