Sunday, May 24, 2009

My Bedroom

I started redoing my bedroom back around Easter. I decided to scrape the texture off of the ceiling and then paint it blue. The scraping, and resulting patching, turned into a huge job. Then, the scope grew. I decided to remove the hated cardboard-fake-stainless-steel ceiling fan. I also decided to replace the hated mirrored closet doors. No surprize that it's taking so long to finish.

Those closet doors are what's holding me up now. I managed to find solid pine doors to match the existing ones; but the wood and lacquer on the old doors have darkened and ambered over the years. It took me a while to look into options on how to match the old and new doors; and then I eventually decided to coat them in an oil-based clear coat and hope they'll darken over time to match. Now, I need to get that done, let them cure and then hire somebody to install them on the new tracks.

I suspect the closet doors are going to become my favorite part of the room. They'll result in almost an entire wall of solid wood. So, I decided to counteract the masculinity of the wood with a sparklie chandelier.

It may be a month or more before the room is finished, so I figured I'd post pictures of it as it is today.



No comments:

Post a Comment