Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Unanswered question

I took this week off as vacation time, and have been puttering around in the gardens and yard. Yesterday, I stained the top railing of the deck. Just the top, mind you... the banisters are already done in cream. The board along the top of the railings, I decided to stain with some leftover purple stain from my front porch.

(It's not that bold of a colour, really. It's a very greyed out purple and does not resemble Barney in any way.)

After I finished up and put the paint & supplies away, though, I was faced with a mystery: How does a 10" dog get paint on his forehead when the only thing that was painted was 38" high???


Good thing that the dogs are going in to be groomed tomorrow. With any luck, I'll get the floor of the deck finished before they get home.

1 comment:

  1. Little Cotton, oh my those bright little eyes! Cotton just wanted a little purple eyeshadow for those pretty eyes.

    Your deck railing sounds cool. I think a photo of the deck would be fun!

    So vacation this week for you! Very Good! Love to see some pics of your putterings in the garden and yard. Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete