Saturday, June 6, 2009

Toes for Cheese

I started dremelling Tallulah's toenails about a year ago. I read up on it first , and prepared myself for a big battle while she adjusted to the noise and vibration of the dremel. All that was unnecessary, though, since Tallulah's pretty much bomb proof.

I'm pretty sure that her thought process goes like this:

"You want to dremel my toes?"

"Can I have some cheese?"

"Oh.... OK."

And she sits calmly while I work on her toes.

I took some pictures of the process.

Notice how raggedy those toenails are before they get dremelled. I'd question how they get that bad so quickly; but my nails look almost as bad after a few hours of gardening.

I tried to take a picture of the dremel actually working on her toes, but, sadly, my third arm hasn't grown in yet.


You'll have to trust me that Tula sits quite still while I hold her paw in one hand and work the dremel with the other. The look on her face tells me how put upon she is, but she's still fairly cooperative.

After I finish a paw, she gets cheese.


Wait - where'd the cheese go???

Um, yeah... that cheese disappears pretty quickly. It took more than a few attempts, and quite a few pieces of cheese before I managed to get a picture of her actually taking the cheese.

Here we go...

After I finish dremelling each paw, I give her a piece of cheese.

(Considering the lightning fast way that she sucks the cheese back, that's the best picture I'm going to get of it. So, please go ahead and pretend like I got the angle right... and that I didn't cut off most of her head in the shot.)


And then, VOILA! We have short toenails.

'til tomorrow. Generally, it only takes a day or so before I start hearing that ticky ticky tick when she walks around the floors.




Oh, and for the record, Cotton would like you all to know that there isn't enough cheese on God's Green Earth for him to ever cooperate while I do his toenails.



That's why it's sooooo important to have a good relationship with skilled groomers.

1 comment:

  1. That picture of Cotton, melting my heart! I know, I know this entry is about Ta-loo-lah-loo-lah but that Cotton face and bright little eyes...

    I would let someone do my toe nails for cheese too, specifically smoked gouda!

    ReplyDelete