Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Empty

I'm at a bit of a loss this week. For the first time in a really long time, I don't have any painting or home projects on the go. I'm supposed to be taking it easy - which is already driving my batty, by the way - and I've also run out of house projects to do. If I want to do more on this house, I'm going to have to finish the basement or start all over.

So, I decided to get my painting stuff out of the fridge. When you're in the middle of a painting project, it's a lot easier to wrap the brushes in a plastic bag and put them in the fridge than it is to clean the brush each time that you stop. (Freezer for oil paints) I've been doing that for years; and that has evolved to me leaving a brush for each paint colour in the fridge in case I need to do touch ups... which, believe me, happens quite often.

Anyway, I decided that since I'm not actively painting anything, it was time to take the brushes out of the fridge. With all the different colours and sheens that I've used this year; I unwrapped, cleaned and put away no less than 3 rollers and 8 brushes today. It amazed me how much space that left in the fridge; so I went a step further and organized what was left. I hardly threw anything out; but the fridge still looks empty inside.

More to the point, it looks clean; which is a momentous occasion. Such a momentous occasion that I felt compelled to take a picture.
(3/4 of the bottom shelf used to be filled with paint brushes and rollers.)

Some may say that this was a make-work project.
I call it photographic proof that I'm not a slob.


Tangent Alert!
Or, maybe this proves that I'm a little too much like my dad.

The last time that he was told to take it easy, he rewired all the switches in his house. Until then, the switch on the left turned on the room light, and the switch on the right turned on the lights in the hallway. He reversed that, and to this day - ten years later - I still have to flip every switch within sight before I find the one that turns on the right light.

2 comments:

  1. I say photography project. But WOW that frig is clean and organized.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah yes. i am jealous of your art ability. i can't draw my way out of a cave.

    ReplyDelete