Saturday, October 10, 2009

Finally...

Even before I bought this house, there were two things that I knew I'd want to replace right away: the Hollywood lights in the bathrooms and the mirrored closet doors. I'm really, really not a big fan of either.

And yet, it took me four years to get them done.

I got lucky and found pine doors that perfectly match the room doors throughout the house last spring. It took months of procrastination, but I finally got them stained and ready to install. My dad came over today and helped me to put them up. I think that they are a big improvement over the mirrored closet doors.

Before:



After:


(The room's not done yet. It still needs bedside tables and a dresser; but it'll be a while before those are in the budget.)

ps - and I dare anybody to try to take a picture in this house that doesn't include a pet.

4 comments:

  1. The closet doors look awesome! They truly are beautiful doors and the change from the mirror doors is just a very, very nice look. And yeah, that is funny about Cotton and Tula. Gotta be close to Mom and keep up with any changes and make sure you don't need some puppy kinda help.

    On a side note, hope you are taking it easy. I think I may have to pm you and see how you are doing.

    I will be answering your comment on my blog Janice and don't want to repeat like an old lady but just a "thank you" from the bottom of my heart. You just so get it and understand that it really is a comfort. You are a good friend :) I'm not sure I will go back to a shelter either, the kitty is going to have to find us. I am more than willing to wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My whole bedroom smells like wood right now; which is weird, since the doors spent at least six months in the garage. It's taking some time to get used to having doors on the closets again, but I think I like them. They really warm the room up.

    I am taking it easier. I can't not do nothing - I'd go bezerk - but I am doing less.

    Shelters are heartbreaking.... don't think there's any way to get around that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the doors, they are a good change. But the 6 block wall hangings on the new dark wall color are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the chandelier!! Adds a lovely dose of sexiness and sophistication!

    ReplyDelete