Saturday, October 31, 2009

More than you ever wanted to know

Linlah over at the Cornbean Blog was given a well-deserved award for having a conversational tone. Rather than pass the award on to other people and making them feel the pressure to then forward it on themselves, she graciously offered the award to any of her readers who want it.

Me? I'd feel a little presumptuous about helping myself to an award, but I do think I'll steal the question and answer bit that came with the award. I've been on a bit of a blog block lately, and these questions will give me something to talk about.


  1. Where is your cell phone: In one of my purses somewhere. The battery died about a month ago, and I need to recharge it.
  2. Your hair: Indecisive. It can't decide if it wants to be blonde or brown, wavy or straight. And, lately it became so dry that I had no choice but to make it short(er).
  3. Your mother: Driven
  4. Your father: One of my best friends.
  5. Your favorite food: Homemade Butterscotch pie. It's so good that it makes me forget that I don't like pie.
  6. Your dream from last night: I dreamt that I actually got some sleep.
  7. Your dream/goal: Move back to the East Coast, and live in a small house with a big yard on the water.
  8. What room are you in: My den. Which, is really too lofty of a name for a room in my house. It's the room with my computer and all my stuff.
  9. What is your hobby: I don't really have hobbies. That would imply that I'm really good at one specific thing. Fun, to me, is painting or decorating a room, futzing with photography or digging in a garden. I don't claim to be good at any of that.
  10. What is your fear: Becoming the crazy neighbourhood lady who talks to herself and has all the pets. Oh, crap. That's me already.
  11. Where do you want to be in 6 years: The East Coast.
  12. Where were you last night: At home, making meatballs.
  13. Something you are not: well rested
  14. Muffins: Only good if home made, from scratch. None of that dry cake in the shape of a muffin crap.
  15. Wish list items: a maid, a grounds keeper, a chauffeur and a pool boy (Oops - I don't have a pool).
  16. Where did you grow up: Alberta, with lots of summers in Ontario.
  17. Last thing you did: walked the dogs.
  18. What are you wearing: Beige slacks and t, blue cardigan. It's all about comfort.
  19. Your TV: Overused
  20. Your pets: An equal source of happiness and angst.
  21. Your friends: Good people
  22. Your life: Not what I had planned.
  23. Your mood: Mellow and tired.
  24. Missing someone: Always, but I'm not sure who.
  25. Vehicle: Toyota Matrix. Five years later, I still love it like it's brand new.
  26. Something you’re not wearing: jewelry
  27. Your favorite store: The Mecca (AKA Home Depot)
  28. Your favorite color: Changes with my mood. I gravitate to bright colours.
  29. When’s the last time you laughed: Today at work
  30. When’s the last time you cried: It almost happened yesterday
  31. Your best friend: Not around, nearly enough.
  32. One place you go over and over: The walking trail the dogs and I use every night.
  33. One person who emails me regularly: Michele
  34. Favorite place to eat: Eating out? Chianti's. Day to day? My blue Lazy Boy.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm. I like this. Get to find out some quick think about it things about you and I would like to answer the questions too but my mind can't think how to do the q and a's without alot of work. I want to do it though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you participated - love your answers to #1 and #6.

    ReplyDelete