Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Not my story

This isn't about me...  I don't have anything going on to talk about, so I'm going to borrow a story from my nephews.

My nephews, 9 and 12, were downstairs in the basement with their friends, playing Wii.   They have limited tv/Wii time, so it shouldn't have been a surprise when their dad went downstairs and told them to shut it down and go outside to play.    Of course, they said that they were going to finish the current game... yadda, yadda, yadda... ten minutes later, my brother in law went downstairs again to tell the boys to shut off the game and go outside.

The younger nephew, who looks like an angel, has himself something of a temper.  He's a blond-haired, blue eyed cherub on the outside, but I'm pretty sure he was meant to have his mom's read hair, if you know what I mean.  The other boys start to pack it in, but not him.  He says -  Dad, I can't go outside.  I have to stay in.

     His dad says, no you don't, you need some fresh air.

DAD!  I can't go outside!

     Yes you can - off you go.

DAD! I can't go outside!!!!

     And why not?

Because I'm Lactose Intolerant! 

3 comments:

  1. Blond and blue-eyed are often way more of a handful than the red heads, not that I would know from experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too funny. But I must admit, I'm happy to see at least one dad making sure his children are getting some fresh air and excercise. Oh, and using their imagination. I fear our children may be losing that ability.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA HA!! Love that little guy and his interesting choice of words :-)

    ReplyDelete