Monday, April 12, 2010

Kitty in the Tub

For the last couple of weeks, I've been hearing large thumps in the house that I can't explain. It was getting the dogs worked up, and worrying me a bit too. I like to know the source of noises that loud, especially when they happen so often.

It took me a while, but I eventually figured it out. I still don't know the why, but now I know the what (or maybe I should say the who).


Himself has been dive bombing into the tub, and then rolling around and chasing an imaginary mouse. He's been doing it a few times a day, and sometimes he even calls out as he plays. It doesn't last long, though. Ever since I figured out what he was doing, he stops as soon as the dogs and I arrive to watch.

I figure he's playing mental games with the rest of us, to see how much how worked up (therefore into how much trouble) he can get the dogs, and/or how long it takes before I drop what I'm doing to come find him.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like someone needs some alone time with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A co-worker once told me, that cats can see things that are invisible to us... like little ghosts... imaginary friends, I don't know... yeah, I know, kinda spooky...but it would explain a lot:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We once had a cat who liked to go into our attic (accessible off the master bedroom) and slide down a 2x4 as if it were a bannister. At the time she was something like 14 or 15 years old, no longer went outside and I guess it was her form of exercise. The noise she made mystified us, too, until somehow we caught her at it.

    ReplyDelete