Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Ladybugs and Laundry

Nobody tells you before you get pets that you'll be giving up sleep for them. They should come with a warning somehow... "Adopting this animal may result in frequent extreme fatigue".

It's a good thing they're cute, is all that I can say today.

Winter had a ladybug last night. Somehow, it had gotten into the house and he brought it into my bedroom just as I was trying to go to sleep. At first, I hoped he'd eat the thing right away or lose track of it, but he chased that darned bug all around the room instead. He'd catch it, put it down, flip it on it's back and then poke at it with his paw until it managed to flip over and fly away.

For almost 20 minutes, Winter and the ladybug flew over the bed, batted around the chandelier and then rumbled through the closet. When they came back out and Winter dropped it on my pillow, I scooped the bug up and took it outside. Normally, I'm all for the feline removal of bugs from the house; but I like ladybugs. And I like my sleep even more.

If that wasn't enough, I came back from saving the ladybug to see that Cotton had crawled out from under the covers and was standing on my side of the bed. As walked into the room, he ever so delicately opened up his mouth, gave out a little burp and then upchucked his dinner.

Needless to say, I stripped the bed so fast that Cotton didn't know what had hit him.

Laundry ensued...sleep was delayed. I'm contemplating a gold fish for my next pet.





3 comments:

  1. Great Blog! New blog will give you new insite into Ladybugs, it's called
    "Hx. of the Ladybug" http://historyoftheladybug.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The delicate burps are always the ones you have to look out for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so cute, they are so cute, they are so cute....

    ReplyDelete