Monday, January 16, 2012

Never Trust a Skinny Cook

I am having a party on Saturday.  To clarify, I am having a "Death by Chocolate" party on Saturday.  I'm not sure why, but I had the crazy idea to do this last November.  I was going to do it then, but my brother got sick, and with the family coming to town and the related drama; a chocolate celebration didn't seem appropriate.

People were understanding at the time, but I 've been on the receiving end quite a few prods since the holidays.  People wanted their chocolate!  So, family drama behind us, I rescheduled.  I've got a number of chocolate treats planned, 6 of which I've ever made before.  What that means is that I have a lot of testing to do.  Or, Taste Testing.

Have I mentioned that I'm trying my very hardest to lose weight, and that I have some making up to do after the holidays?  This is going to be a challenge.

Yesterday, I went to a friend's house, and we worked together to make Brownie Batter Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes.  We followed the recipe exactly, and they taste divine, but each and every one of them collapsed into a crator after they came out of oven.  A little bit of playing and experimentation later, we think we found the solution.  So, tonight I try again.  In the meantime, I've got 30 failed cupcakes that are too good to throw out, but I can't serve.

I hope the other recipe work out better than this, or my freezer's going to be full.








1 comment:

  1. I got here! I googled Where the Fur Flies, did a redo of you on my favorites and made it to the comment page! Hallelujah!!

    I am on my way to take care of your cupcake issue......

    ReplyDelete