Friday, January 8, 2010

Questions

I have questions:

Now that the cat hole has received acceptance, how long do I have to leave it on the mantel and where should it go?

Is it dumb to frame pictures of animals that you took at a zoo and put them on the wall? Does that imply in any way that you've been on a real, live safari and seen them in their natural habitat?

Where did Tallulah find the sock (most definitely not mine) that she just brought to me?

Why - Oh, God, why - does everybody who learns that I'm taking iron for my anemia think it's OK to ask me if I'm constipated as a result? Seriously - what does one say in response to a question like that?

6 comments:

  1. Oh god, I'm guilty. I was on prescription iron when I was young and had to go off because the constipation was so painful!!! So I've asked the question before!! Oy! Oh - and hang away! They were great photos~

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Cat Cave - Maybe move it to the bookshelf and then to the floor.

    The fabulous photos - Hang them, hang them, hang them.

    The sock - The laundry room, you know how rogue socks can be.

    My response - No, iron pills don't but it looks like they do you. (I know, I know, sassy retort is my middle name.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can only say that Z's crinkly cat thingie stayed in the hall for 4 years. EveryBODY had to walk around it. Definitely hang those photos they were/are wonderful! The petsitter maybe on the sock question? If you and I were meeting for lunch or dinner or shopping or getting together, I am so sorry but I probably would have asked about the iron. So sorry but it becomes a curious subject when you reach my age. Scary. I'd never ask you on the intersweb though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ACK! Who would have thought that two of you would be asking that question too? Word for the wise, ladies - a better question to ask: Iron is hard on the stomach, eh?

    I'm still contemplating the pictures. I'm not sure where they'd go in the house, which ones I should print or if I should get them printed in colour or black in white.

    The cat hole is still being contemplated too, although not a lot of thought has gone into the sock.

    ReplyDelete
  5. now that you bring it up, i always DID wonder if constipation was a side effect of iron. i know it is of calcium pills.

    i mean, it's a valid question.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Iron is particularly hard on the stomach. It often does cause constipation, acid reflux, nausea or even diarhea. Depending on which form of iron I'm taking, I've experienced all of the above. Currently, nausea is the big one.

    ReplyDelete