Tuesday, January 19, 2010

"Romance A Millionaire"

Three ads, lining the side of my Facebook wall:

Meet More Men
Meet Honest Men
Romance A Millionaire

99% of the ads that I see on Facebook are about finding somebody. Yes, I'd like to find the right guy; but it's not my top priority. It's not even in my top ten. I hear that Facebook does like Google and analyzes my profile and the contents that I post to determine what ads I should see. If that's true, they do a pretty crappy job. There's a whole lot more to know about me than the fact that I sleep alone.

I find the idea that I'd want to romance a millionaire to be bothersome. There's something seriously wrong with anybody who is considers "rich" to be a requirement in a potential mate. Trust me. I live in an oil town. There are a lot of wealthy red necks and rig pigs in my area, and this is what their money buys:




Thanks, but I'll take intelligent, hard working, thoughtful or kind hearted instead.

And on a shallow note, if I do end up with somebody some day, I really hope he'll be tall.

2 comments:

  1. Tall with a good sense of humor to keep up with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your requiremets. Kind hearted is my personal favorite. And gotta have funny!

    ReplyDelete