Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Great news

A few months ago, the phone rang and a lady that I respect very much was on the other end. She offered me the job of my dreams. This is a job that takes everything that I love most about my current job and expands on it. I'd get to deal almost exclusively with the tasks that I love best, and leave behind the tasks that I don't particularly like. It sounded perfect. So perfect, in fact, that I somewhat non-committedly said that I'd be interested in the new job, thanked her and carried on with my day.

A few days later, I had to call her back and ask if the previous call had actually happened, or if I had imagined it. (It had.)

The hard part was that she asked me not to say anything to anybody. Both my current job and the new job are within the government, and the government does love it's red tape and paperwork. I had to wait weeks (a few months, actually) before approvals were given for the new role to be created; and for me to fill it.

Today, I got word that the role has officially been approved with me in it. It may take a few weeks before I am fully transitioned into the new job; but there is a light at the end of my culvert. My promotion is official.

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I am soooo happy for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo-Hoo!! Am drinking a celebratory cocktail in your honor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you!!

    Can you rub some of your job karma on my husband? He could use some right about now.

    Good luck in your new position!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you!!! If you love what you do, it's NOT a job! Here's to drawing a paycheck for doing what you enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me add my congrats to the list. That's awesome. Good luck with the new post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes yay and hooray there are few things that contribute more to a happy life than a job you love. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wooooohooooohooooo!!!!

    moosepants

    ReplyDelete