Friday, September 10, 2010

Surprise!

I have been looking forward to today for a long time.  Today is my aunt's 65th birthday.  I'd say that she's my favorite aunt, but her sister also holds that title.  Their brother (my uncle) is my favorite uncle.  That's everybody on my dad's side, so I'll just say that they are an amazing, fun family to have.  If I have any complaints about them, it's that they all live so far away.  They're spread out across the country, so we don't get to see each other often enough.  But today, they'll all be here.

As I said earlier, today is my aunt's birthday. She and her husband are driving across the country in their old VW van.  (This is an adventure in itself.  The van doesn't go over 65km/hr, so they have to take back roads; but they've been making the trip almost annually for a while now.)  I don't know if this is planned or not, but their schedule worked out so that they'd arrive here today.  My aunt thinks that they're only staying for the night and then moving on; but they'll be here a while.

She doesn't know this, but her brother and her sister are flying in from Ontario and BC to surprise her and celebrate her day, and to stay for the weekend.  My sister and her family will be coming down tomorrow as well.  It'll be a surprise family reunion, and I can't wait for it to start.

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful!! Enjoy your time together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful weekend and a delightful surprise for your aunt. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great weekend Janice! You are going to have so much fun. Happy 65th Birthday to your Aunt :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great surprise and 65th birthday gift for your aunt. You can put points on the board for this one! Have a really fun weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope it was a fun filled day that turned into a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete