Monday, September 27, 2010

Premier Week

My hips and I took one for the team this weekend, and watched about 15 hours straight of tv.  It was premier week last week, you see; and now is the time to determine what shows I'll follow for the rest of the year.

I've been feeling antsy lately, and haven't been able to really settle down and enjoy too much without my mind flitting hither and yon.  I've got a PVR, so everything was recorded ahead of time and could be paused or replayed as necessary.  I've gotta admit, though, that whether the mind is flitting around or not, I expect a show to hold my attention.  If it can't do that, it gets axed from my list.

I started off with last year's favorites: Criminal Minds, Glee, Grey's and Castle.  Then the gravity of the couch took hold and I spent the rest of the day in in a semi-comatose state.  I can't promise that I didn't drool, but I did form opinions.

Running Wilde failed out of the gate.  Not funny.  Turned it off & deleted after 5 minutes
The Event ...  I don't think I'm up for another show that nobody can tell what's actually going on.
Under Covers was lame.
Law and Order UK was a bit too dry for my taste.
The Whole Truth has good actors.  I think it's got potential, but they need to stop jumping around the timeline.
The Chase could be good, I think.  It's a bit formulated, but it's definitely worth another shot.

There were others, but I can't think of them now.   That must mean that they weren't very memorable.

See?   Think of all the time and fat cells I've just saved you.  I've narrowed the basic cable selection down to two or less new shows.

Oh, in other good news, I've read that one of the two reasons why I'm boycotting Dancing with the Stars this year has been kicked off already.  If ya'll could go about voting for off Michael Bolton, I could add that show back onto my watching list too.    Hopefully that happens before my imaginary boyfriend Maksim and his partner get the boot.

4 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the couch. Sticking with Glee, Grey's, Brothers & Sisters, Private Practice and The Good Wife starting this week. Tried Lonestar, but it didn't grab me. Think I will stay with Tom Selleck in Blue Bloods. Miss 24 and Friday Night Lights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When the promo for The Event said "lost" and "24" I knew I could not waste a minute watching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are Blue Bloods Fans. Michael Bolton has gotta go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. too bad Running Wilde was so bad. I do like Amy Poehler's husband (I know he has a name but I can't think of it) when he appears on 30 Rock. I'm not adding any new shows beyond sometimes watching The Office and 30 Rock. Not even tuning into DWTS at the request of my son...I did catch a quick glimpse of Michael crawling out of the doghouse though :D

    Oh but I will be tuning into the occasional 48 Hours and Dateline. Gotta get in my real life drama fix!!

    ReplyDelete