Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Scary, humiliating, showing off and a challenge

Some freaks followed me the other night while I was walking the dogs.  It was after dark, and they stayed just far enough away so that I couldn't see details of their faces.  But the faster I went, the faster they went.  When I turned they turned.  

This went on for about 15 minutes.  I was just about to really freak out, and knock on the door of a guy I vaguely know from walking past his house all the time.  I deeked down the unlit alley to get to his house, but by the time I got there, I realized that I'd lost my tail.  I ended up reversing my route and going home the way I came, and made it home without any trouble.  Then, last night my friend Jen called and admitted that it had been her.  She had the daughter of some friends with her, and they called out multiple times; but I didn't hear.  She's been instructed to wear cow bells at all times from now on.

I woke up early today, before my alarm went off.  I'm very much not a morning person, but I managed to wobble my way to the loo, where I sat down and then started to nod off.  Quite suddenly, there was a horribly loud crack that just about scared the crap out of me.  If you can believe it, the toilet seat had cracked in half.   Let me tell you, that ain't great for the ego.  I know I'm over weight, but I'm not yet at the point where I pulverize toilet seats.  Either way, I'm so twisted that I cracked up and darned near fell over because I laughed so hard.  I knew at that point that the day was going to be in the shitter.  (Ba dum bum)


I made some progress on the house last week.  Aside from hanging out with the family, while I was on vacation, I stained the new closet doors for the spare room.  They're up now, and looking fine.  I'm a bit disturbed that they're so much lighter that the doors that were already there, but there's not much that I can do.   They're all pine wood, and I used stain from the same can as I did the other doors.  This wood is just lighter, I guess.  I'm hoping that the oil stain darkens over time, and that they match soon.


Either way, it's nice to finally have doors on that closet again.

I'm getting dangerously close to being finished all of the projects that I had planned for this house when I moved in.   No worries, though, because new ones seem to keep cropping up.  For example, after sleeping on the floor while the aunts and uncles were here, I've decided that I need to build a Murphy bed for the computer room.  That one's going to have to marinate for a while, but I'm hoping I'll be able to I figure it out.

1 comment:

  1. I've always loved Murphy beds -- you are quite skilled!! Sorry your day was so crappy ;-)

    ReplyDelete