Saturday, May 14, 2011

Want a kiss?



... an outtake from when I was trying to get a shot for yesterday's post.  I posted it on Facebook too, so it might be a duplicate for some; I thought it was worthy of a repost.


ps -

On a less amusing note, the Dude's in a rough spot today.  It's been really windy for a few days (~60km/hr) and he's not loving it.  He went outside yesterday morning, and as soon as he turned the corner and left shelter, he must have been hit with a blast of wind.  He froze solid and refused to move, crying until I ran over to get him.  Inside, he's doing better; but the wind is blowing so hard that you can hear it inside.  The constant noise is scaring him, so whenever he's not hiding in his crate, he's been following me around, looking as though he expects me to make it go away.

On top of that, he pulled a muscle in his shoulder this morning.  At first, he was crying with every step he took.  Then he went into his crate for a nap and when he woke up, he found it too painful to stoop over to get out of the crate.  I ended up taking the whole thing apart to get him out, then gave him a dose of Metacam, which is a pain med that that my vet gave me for situations like this.  He's sleeping now, so I think it has kicked in, but if he isn't significantly better by tomorrow, we'll be off to the vet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment