Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Soooo Good.

Yum.  It's all I can say.

And, you're welcome.  Because you are going to be  thanking me for this.

Spinach Artichoke Heart Dip Pasta

1 tbsp Olive Oil
4 cloves of Garlic
1/2 cup of light cream cheese
1/2 cup light sour cream
1/4 cup white wine
1/2 cup skim milk
1/2 light parmesan cheese
14 oz can artichoke hearts, chopped
10 oz package of chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
a couple good shakes of hot sauce
1 tsp red pepper flakes
12 oz whole wheat pasta (I used bow ties)


  • Cook the pasta.  
  • Meanwhile, add oil to skillet.  Add garlic and saute for a few minutes.  
  • Add cream cheese, cut into small pieces, sour cream and wine.
  • Add chopped artichokes,  spinach, and the milk.  Mix well.
  • Add parmesan (shredded is best here, vs the powdered grated stuff) and stir until melted.
  • Add hot sauce and pepper flakes, then the cooked & drained pasta.  Mix well.

Unlike the actual dip, this isn't too bad for you.  The recipe serves six, and each serving as 10.6g of fat, 50.1g of carbohydrates, 367.9 Calories and 16.4g of protein. 

I wish I could take credit for this recipe, but I can't.  I made a few changes and lighted it up - am thinking about swapping the wine for lemon juice - but the basic recipe came from a site I found on Pinterest, called Budget Bytes.  It's worth having a look around there - they've got some pretty great ideas.

3 comments: