Sunday, December 27, 2009

Best day

Today, as the titled suggested, was a fabulous day. I had an amazing time. I totally overdid it. I'm exhausted, semi-comatose and ready to drop.

Today was the Wild Animal Park, where I'd signed up for the photography tour. I was already so tired from the last couple of days that I skipped about half (or more) of the Park; but I did get to go into some of the enclosures (in the back of a truck) via the tour and get up really close to many of the animals. There was also an excellent tour guide, who told us a whole lotta cool things I never knew. It's a neat way to do the zoo experience. Rather than, heh -he's different, you hear all sorts of details that make that animal stand out and mean something. I highly recommend this guided tour, in particular.

I did wander around the front of the park for the hour before and after the tour, but I didn't have the energy to walk far. I took tonnes of pictures, got too much sun, and came away totally in absolute love with Giraffes. When I get around to editing pictures, you'll see why.

After the tour, I was dropped off near the ferry for Coronado. I was tempted to take a taxi - really didn't have any energy to walk anywhere - but there were no taxis around, and the ferry was there. So, I took it over again. Then I was going to grab a taxi across the island, but couldn't find one. I started walking, thinking that I'd stop at the first bus stop that I encountered; but frankly, I was so tired that I walked right past a couple of them before I saw the bus go by. Oh well, I figured I'd just keep shuffling along.

I stopped at the pasta place again. This time I got fresh spaghetti with spinach, artichoke hearts, tomatoes and all sorts of goodies on it. It was delicious, but I was too tired to do it justice.

I'm back at my hotel now. I leave tomorrow, so I should be getting things organized and ready to go. Instead, I think I'm going to crash. Before I do, though, I'll leave you with this:

3 comments:

  1. Oh my I didn't know their upper lip was so fuzzy and I'd kill for those eyelashes. Thanks for sharing your vacation it's been a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Who would think that such strange proportions could make such a beautiful creature!! I want to adopt her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The eyes, those eyes!
    The food, the food!

    Bet you're home with the furkids!!

    ReplyDelete