Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The last whine

I'm not a big fan of people who go on and on about their ailments. Actually, I tend to feel more sympathy for those who suffer in silence, so I try not to do too much whining myself. With that in mind, I'm only going to say this once, and then I promise to move on.

I feel like crap.

I'm not in pain, which is good; but I don't feel right. I'm tired and sleeping all the time; and I've got a wicked case of the shakes. I actually had myself convinced that all I need is activity and fresh air; so I went to work this morning. (Yeah - I know. It made sense at the time.) I made it until 10:30 before I was told to go home. My boss told me not to go back to work tomorrow either.

So, I came home and slept for 5 hours.

Tula stepped in her own poop this morning, before I went to work. This is probably my fault. The postage stamp clearing in the dog pen has only been slightly enlarged. Either way, I didn't realize what had happened until she'd tracked it inside and settled in on my bed. The floors were easy enough to clean, but now I'm sleeping under a pile of mismatched quilts while my regular bedding is hanging to dry, all around the house.

Cotton imagined that he heard Santa arrive this afternoon, during the middle of my second nap. He got himself so worked up, he had Tula and the cat going crazy around him. I had to threaten to flush him down the toilet before he shut up. Then, the little bugger settled back in under the covers and went back to sleep before I could. I hate it when he does that.

After being the perfect host kitty all weekend, and convincing my sister that she needs a cat just like Himself; Winter is being demanding. His cute little habit of patting my face for attention has evolved to him taking his soft little toe and jamming it down my ear as far as he can go. That's not such a treat to wake up to. He was banned from my room right about the time that Cotton was contemplating his upcoming tour of the household plumbing.

And that, I think, is enough grump.
I'm OK, just thrown off by how long it's taking me to recover. I thought I'd be my anemic self and back to work by now, but I guess I can't complain about a few unexpected days off.

4 comments:

  1. You need to just take it easy. You slept for 5 hours because you needed that sleep. Sometimes you have to let your body take over and do what it says.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally justified whine. Just cuddle up in bed with your critters and don't get out until you feel better. And that poop on the bedcovers thing? Sounds like something that would happen to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That stuff they give you to put you under can make you feel funky and tired for quite awhile. Just take it easy Janice and curl up with a good book and the furkids. I don't think this qualifies as a whine, I have hardly heard a peep out of you! Take Care, I am thinking of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes a whine is good for you it might be part of the healing process.

    ReplyDelete