Friday, February 12, 2010

My version of the truth

I don't snore. In fact I'm really very proud of the fact that I don't snore.

However, my membership in the non-snorers club was put into question earlier this week.

My recovery from surgery has taken longer than anybody expected. I'm a lot better, but I'm still pretty tired most of the time. My doctor wants to know why. He's wondering if there's something besides the anemia, and one of his theories is that I might have sleep apnea. In an attempt to rule that out, he asked me about one of the key symptoms... do I snore.

I said no; but he reminded me that I live alone. He said that my dogs are unlikely to fess up, and asked me to find more reliable collaboration. So, three friends (and recent house guests) got emails.

Did you hear me snore at night when you were here? Please tell me no.
Be honest. But say no.

This may be a true test of friendship, but they all said no. Maybe they didn't want to disappoint. Maybe they know me well enough to know how irrationally important it is to me to not be a snorer. I may never know for sure, but I'm choosing to believe them.

1 comment:

  1. I snore. I didn't think I did. My dogs never told me I did. My cat didn't tell me. My friends didn't. But one of my dudes did. Harsh reality!

    ReplyDelete