Friday, February 26, 2010

(insert witty title here)

Well, that was fun. We had a major project come to a head this week at the office, and at the same time I took on a new roll at work. I'd asked to be able to do it, but the learning curve was a bit more than I expected. Both actually went fairly smoothly, but I've had so much going on lately that my brain is dizzy. I am thankful to have a job, and I'm happiest when it keeps me busy; but I'm really glad that not all weeks are like this last one was.

In the meantime, the pets have had to learn to entertain themselves. Winter has discovered the bathtub. He tears across the house and dive-bombs into the tub (though the shower curtain, of course) and then proceeds to screech at the top of his lungs until somebody goes to play with him. In case you're curious, a cat and a poodle in a tub is as noisy as it seems. And yes, noise inside of a bathtub is amplified, really quite a lot.

The little dude is incredibly full of beans lately. He's been ripping around the house, playing chicken with the cat, playing chase with Tallulah, wrestling with me and being all around really, really happy to be alive. He's the kind of happy that makes you smile, just to be around. It'd be awesome if that was the way he always is, but mixed in with all these shenanigans have been a few nasty panic attacks. I'm torn on how to deal with them.

I took him off of his mood-mellowing pills after Christmas again. If I put him back on, I know that the panic attacks won't be nearly as bad. The problem is, I'm pretty sure that they'll stop him from being so happy. I'm no dog psychologist, but I think I'd rather take a few rough patches and still be able to feel really good sometimes, than to feel mellow all the time with no chance of feeling really, really happy.

Tallulah has discovered TV. Specifically, she has discovered watching Harry Potter on TV. I recorded one of the Harry Potter movies on Saturday night, and have been watching a bit of it every night. I typically have the TV on for background noise most of the time that I'm home, and she ignores it; but when I turn on Harry Potter she has been tuning in. She sits or lies down about three feet from the TV, cocks her head periodically, barks at the dementors and seems to really enjoy herself. Good thing, because we've still got almost 2 hours of it to watch. Tomorrow, my only plans are to spend the day in my pj's, reading a book and watching the boob tube.

Speaking of which, Moosepants found a really great solution to a problem for me today, and she has no idea how great her timing was. This is a problem that most people don't understand, but I'm really tall. My legs are really long, and it's hard for me to find pajama bottoms that are long enough. The ones that I've got now are 5 years old. At one point, they were a fuzzy flannel; but they've been worn & washed so much that they are super thin and almost see through. Even worse, Monday as I rolled out of bed I heard a rip and that was that. There's a wee breeze to them in the hind end, and there's a chance that I could be arrested for wearing them outside in the back yard.

Moosepants sent me a message to let me know that Eddie Bauer has a one day sale of 30% off of all of their Internet sales today. I went online, and for the first time ever, bought men's tall flannel pj bottoms. I hope they work.

Today was the first day this year that I've been able to hang my clothes outside on the line to dry. The sun's out. It's +10C outside, and the breeze is blowing. It's perfect weather for drying clothes (even if the snow is so high I had to fold some of the clothes in half to prevent them from dragging in it.)

Some people like to iron, some people like to vacuum. I like to hang clothes on the line. It's very soothing to me for some reason. It makes the whole laundry process seems like less of a chore. Even better that it's the earth friendly option, and saves money to boot.

And yes, I did change out of my breezy pajama bottoms before I went out to hang the laundry.

4 comments:

  1. Glad things worked out at work and that you got to come up for air! Nice to hear and "see" you again. Sounds like the furry ones took care of things at the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was in HS my best poetry came after those tranquil moments of hanging or taking down the laundry. Of course that peotry is a riot now but hanging laundry is very tranquil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well......I have to have someone to hang out with in jammie pants!

    Go Cotton go! Stay happy Little Dude!

    Moosepants

    ReplyDelete
  4. Something in the weather, I think - I've had a house full of crazy lately too.

    ReplyDelete