- Sandwiches that have so much sauce that things slide out of them make me cranky. I really can't enjoy food when it's messy like that.
- My favorite food lately? Lemons. Anything with lemons is good, in my book.
- I go through 3 times as much laundry during gardening season as I do during the winter. Apparently, I really do love to play in the mud.
- Through a comedy of errors and a general lack of planning, I've got no less than six tomato plants growing in my back yard. I'm going to have a lot of tomatoes.
- I did a presentation at work today, for about 15 people. This is the 10th time that I've done this presentation, so there's probably been an audience of about 150 people. Today, I noticed that the last slide in the presentation that says 'questions? contact me here - ' lists my home phone number instead of my office phone number.
- Along the "I screwed up at work" lines, over lunch today I was reading the "Damn You Auto Correct" blog (which is hilarious!). Instead of closing it when I went back to work, I minimized it. I then chaired a virtual meeting, which means that I shared my desktop with the meeting participants and we talked on a conference call. After the meeting, I noticed the minimized window button in my task bar. It said "Damn You", and was visible to everybody in the meeting. I'm such a professional.
- I'm hosting a BBQ for about 18-20 at my house on the weekend. A while ago, in a series of events that I won't get into, I dropped the BBQ down the stairs and it fell apart. I've got it looking like it's in one piece again, but I'm still not sure if it still works.
Another Sweet Senior Story: Beau
6 hours ago