Monday, August 8, 2011

Randomosity

  • There's a major brand of laundry detergent that has a new ad out.  It says that 36% of women admit to washing their sheets less than once a month.  That grosses me out.  (I wash mine once or twice a week.)
  • I just found out that the Electrolux vacuum shop downtown ripped me off big time last year. What they told me was a complete engine failure ($400+ repair) was actually straightening out the belt on the powerhead ($50 max). They talked me out of the repair, and sold me a built-in instead, which cost significantly more than the expensive repair. I'm happy with the new vacuum, but pissed that they snowed me. Not sure if I should say or do anything, or if I should just let it go.
  • I am on week two of *almost* only whole foods.  I've given up processed foods.   (I still eat things like canned beans for now, and am finishing off the food that I already had in the house) It's not so bad, and I'm sure it'll be easier when I finish weaning myself off of chocolate.  Although, it'll be more difficult in the winter when there aren't any local producers.
  • I also gave up eating at Subway about a month ago, which is where I used to buy my lunch at least 4 days a week.  This is made easier by my working at home and having easy access to food, but I needed to stop going there.  I can't justify supporting a company that chooses Michael Vick as their spokesperson.
  • I figured out that by working from home, I'm saving $40/week in lunch money.  That doesn't take into account my gas money, or impulse shopping that happens when I run to the mall for a change in scenery over lunch.
  • I'm going to set up my bank to automatically apply that $40 to my line of credit every week.  I was working to pay off the renovation loan within 3 years, but this will help me pay it off that much earlier.  Then it's going into a travel fund. 

3 comments:

  1. #2 - Let it go. Life is too short to agonize over things that can't be changed. Your best bet is to let people know to take their business elsewhere.

    #3 - Chocolate is not a whole food?? I thought it was the ONLY food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Less than once a month!? GAH!!!
    All that dead skin trapped in sheets..and..ugh!
    Gag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd probably say something to the Electrolux people - but then I tend to get really fired up over this type of thing :D as you can tell from my blog....

    Of course odds of them doing anything are nil but it may make you feel better :-)

    ReplyDelete