Wednesday, December 7, 2011

That's enough now.

The plague continues to hang around the house.  Although I'm no longer on the precipice of death, I'm still sick.

My throat is better, and the laryngitis is (mostly) gone.  I can finally sleep now too - it's been a couple of days since I've woken up in the middle of the night choking through a coughing fit that can only be stopped with a hot shower and a room full of steam.  The problem is that my ears are infected.  Still.  My ears have felt like somebody shoved tennis balls inside of them, almost since I caught this cold two weeks ago.  And I'm tired, like I could sleep for a week.

So, today I called in sick today and went back to bed.  I felt a little guilty doing it, considering how much better I feel than I did last week, but it needed to be done.  This little bug needs to move on and visit somebody else.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Janice it has you good! I can't believe you are still fighting with that bug! But guess what? I have CH's Chipmunk face. Oh yeah he was sweet and all and passed it on to me! Virus likes to visit :) Get better right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better soon! I just got my first ever flu shot (and I've never had the flu) so hopefully that bug will pass me by!

    ReplyDelete