Friday, August 24, 2012

$100

I have finally reached the point in my weight loss that I could no longer put off acquiring some new clothes.    It was getting embarrassing, my old clothes are so baggy, but at the same time, I really didn't want to spend a lot of money on clothes that I hope won't fit me for much longer.  And, then there's the upcoming Italy trip to consider... I don't want to look like a hobo while I'm over there.

And so, I shopped sales and stretched some dollars.  If you can still find them, leftover fall/winter stuff can be purchased at a great price near the end of the summer... and that's what I did.   I also took advantage of some back to school sales and got a couple pairs of jeans for $20 each.   (And they were a size smaller than I expected them to be thankyouverymuch!)

Then, I hit just about every store in town, looking for shirts that would "do".  I really had very little choice in colour or style at that price.  They aren't fancy, but they were $10 or less and they fit me.

I threw my new favourite necklace on top of the pile because it goes with every single one of those shirts - almost looks like it was made to match each one exactly... except you can't tell that in the picture.  So, take my word for it: the necklace goes with each one of those shirts.  And, it (or maybe a scarf or two) will be worn frequently in Italy, to class up my $10 solid colour t-shirts.

I also got a fleece jacket, which is more for wearing around the house than to take on the trip.  I didn't realize until I got home that the arms are a little longer than usual, and there are slits cut into the cuffs.  

As somebody who grew up being told constantly to pull my hands out of my sleeves, I don't know if I should cheer about this little fashion statement, or begrudge its late arrival.



All in all, though, I think that two pairs of jeans, 5 T-shirts and a hoody's not too shabby for (just under) $100.


No comments:

Post a Comment