Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Random thoughts and photos


  • I made a pizza last night, based on unrelated leftovers in my fridge: roasted corn, ground bison,  black beans and onions.  I also had a spicy pepper of sorts, which made me realize that I had the makings for a Mexican... whatever... but sadly it was a little too old to use.  I threw it all together (with salsa instead of tomato sauce because I couldn't use the hot pepper).  Honestly, I had really low expectations, but hot damn was it great.  


This is what it looked like before cheese or being baked - kind of gross, if you ask me.  
There's no after pictures... it's gone now.  I might have eaten the leftovers for all three meals today.


  • My mom has agreed to stay at my house next week, and keep care of the pets while I'm away.  My dad has decided to come along with me on my trip to Kelowna.    Honestly, I'm not sure if he really wants to go to Kelowna, or if he's afraid of his directionally challenged daughter driving through the mountains on her own.  



  • There used to be a small crack in the sidewalk in front of my house.  It's gone now... as in, the sidewalk is gone.  They tore it up today, and I'm assuming will put a new one down soon.  The crazy thing is that this is the second time in six years that this sidewalk has been replaced.  When I lived in Edmonton, the sidewalks were like spiderwebs, they had so many cracks.  I tripped on them all the time.  I guess this is a benefit of living in a smallish city, but I'm thinking that our tax dollars could probably be put to better use.


I took this picture for the nephews, who still seem to think that heavy-duty equipment is cool.  
The sidewalk is now gone from the middle of my driveway to about where the tree is.



  • I found jeans that are long enough - which is a miracle in and of itself - for only $19 a pair.  WHOOT!


  • And this one's just because...









1 comment:

  1. Ground Bison pizza? You'll never have to prove your courage in any other way.

    ReplyDelete