Thursday, July 30, 2009

Impulsive

I like to shop. I like to buy things. I especially like to shop while travelling, and to buy mementos of my trip. However, if I'm not careful, I impulse shop and buy the wrong thing.


This would be a perfect example.

In case you can't tell, this shirt it made out scads and scads of crinkly, elasticised netting; three layers thick. Each lovely layer is edged with a row of shiny Christmas ribbon, to ensure the maximum level of tourist tackiness.

It's supposed to be a Mexican peasant blouse. I bought it in Old Mexico, San Diego, on my first day of my trip with my cousin Katie a few years ago. I was excited about finally going on a trip again. I got caught up in the atmosphere. I lost my mind.

Beyond that, I have no idea what I was thinking.



WHAT KIND OF SELF RESPECTING CANADIAN BUYS A PEASANT SHIRT?!?



I need to go now. I need to email my cousin Katie and tell her that she failed me as my retail voice of reason. If she doesn't step it up and talk some sense into me if/when I ever try to make a purchase like this again, I'm not going to stop her from getting cornrows when we go to Jamaica.

3 comments:

  1. tourist tackiness-very funny. But I wouldn't stop her from getting corrows either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh.... dear. that. is. truly. unfortunate.

    but we can't help ourselves

    ReplyDelete