Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Small but Mighty

This little tiny pill is a diuretic.

It's about the size of lint.

Appearances can be deceiving.

Once you take it, your bladder is no longer your own. That's all I'll say on the subject... I'm sure that you can imagine the rest.


I've had a mild form of anemia for most of my life, but I never really understood its impact until recently. In the past, anemia was an inconvenience. Back then, it meant that I had to take the medical exam three times before I passed to get my pilot's licence. It meant that I was turned away occasionally when I tried to give blood. (Usually, it meant that I was 'required' to eat an oatmeal cookie before and after giving blood.) It rarely had any impact on how I felt.

Lately, anemia has become a whole different beast. Tired is an understatement and swollen feet is the name of the game.

5 comments:

  1. Are you sure you're not preggers?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Balls. Being tired all the time is annoying as hell, and swollen feet hurt.

    But you are so cool for getting your pilot's license. I took a lot of lessons, but never got all the way. Oh I miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pilot's license is a whole other story. It was a dream, but didn't work out. I'll tell you about it some time.

    Note for the Zadge: sadly, pregnancy requires closer contact than passing glances with the male variety of the species. Come to think of it, that's probably a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm. Tiny but mighty. I am hoping and vibing that you get this all under control and get to feeling better!

    ReplyDelete