- I'm doing my regular job this week, plus covering for two others. Today another coworker called in sick. My brain is fried.
- The more I get to know my new neighbour, the more I like him. Although, I'm worried that if I say that anymore, he'll think I'm putting the moves on him. He's the perfect combination of friendly and mind-your-own-business. Plus, he's landscaping his yard and removing the half-done rental suite in his basement. I hope he stays for a long, long time.
- I gave myself a homemade pedicure today, which involved using my Dremel. I discovered this method when I started using the Dremel to file Tula's toenails. I was worried that I might hurt her if I went too short, so I tried it on myself. I discovered that not only does it not hurt, it works like a hot damn to get rid of calluses.
- Speaking of feet, I have had an ongoing problem with swelling in mine for a while. I don't want to bore you with all the details, but suffice to say that any and all shoes are painful. The good news is that a week ago, my dad may have hit upon a solution. I'm already seeing improvement, and I'm starting to hope that I will once again be able to fit them into these beauties, which I haven't been able to wear in almost a year.
Hey, I'm a child of the 80's. I can't help that pointed toes and skinny heels call my name.
- With work being crazy and it being gardening season, I had to sweep a small area of the floor clean to take that picture. I blame the dogs for the mess. They wander as they eat, and they leave kibble crumbs everywhere. I'm considering investing in a roomba. Or a food-oriented dog.
- The solution that my dad may have found is a report that says aspartame can cause excess fluid buildup in some people. I wasn't convinced but decided to give it a shot. I'm a week in, and the change is quite drastic.
- However, I'm really, really sick of water. If you don't drink pop, coffee, tea or alcohol, there really aren't many options. I know water's healthy, but it's boring as all heck.