Friday, September 18, 2009

Bed Hog

It may be hard to tell from this photo


But you're looking at a bed hog.

He's both a heat seeker and a big source of heat. I keep waking up, feeling over heated because the little dude is curled into me as close as he can get. The house rules are such that the animals are not supposed to be on my side of the bed when I sleep. You'd think that half of a queen-sized bed would be large enough for a cat and a 8 pound dog, but apparently it's not.

There's been a lot of encroachment lately.

When Cotton was going through his panic attacks this summer, I broke a lot of rules in attempt to calm him down. One of the biggest rules that I broke was that I let him sleep in my arms. It was a huge disruption in my sleep; and now that he's so much better, I'm trying to reinstate house rules.

He's OK with being cut off from people food, but he's not very happy about having to go back to his own side of the bed. I never dreamed that I'd ever share my bed with a dog - let alone let to have him sleep under the covers - so I think he's lucky. If he wasn't so spoiled, he'd be sleeping on a dog bed, like the poodle, or in a crate.



But if you think you can say no to that face, I say that you should go ahead and try.

2 comments:

  1. No I could not say NO to that face. I would have to live with encroachment. And Janice as bad as things were for Cotton I never thought we would be joking about his fluffy white self hogging your bed. I am so happy to see his happy peaceful self in these pictures.

    That top picture is a cool capture. Bottom picture is of course a very cute pupper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. His face is so cute it doesn't look real.

    ReplyDelete