Sunday, September 20, 2009

Confessions of a TV addict.

This is one of my favorite times of year, when the new season of TV shows starts up. Yes folks, I am a complete TV addict. I try not to be. I have even cut my cable down to just basic, local channels (CBC, CTV, NBC, ABC); but I still watch a few hours every day. I spend far too much time in front of the boob tube; but when new programming starts in the fall, I give myself a break and allow myself to soak it all in. I've been reading about the new and returning shows, and I'm very happy to finally have new shows available after months of reruns.

My DVR is packed to the gills right now with scheduled shows to record. Besides old shows that I used to watch, I think there are about 12-15 new ones that I'm going to try out. (I suspect, for most of them, I'll watch the first five minutes, rule them out and delete from the schedule/recorder.)


So far, I'm loving the corniness of Glee. After all nastiness and WhoTheHellCares drama of reality TV, (most of which I don't even watch because I refuse to watch TV that pisses me off) I'm happy to see something that's about good, simple fun again.

I'm also looking forward to Wentworth Miller's guest starring stint on Law & Order SVU, and secretly hoping that he becomes a regular. Love Benson and Stabler... not a fan of any of the other actors/cops on that show. Although, I've got to admit, I'm wondering if Wentworth Miller can step outside of his distant, 'how am I gonna get us out of this' glare that he did so often on Prison Break. That glare may have been appropriate - if overused - in Prison Break; but I'm hoping that he gets away from it and proves himself to be a good actor, rather than just eye candy.

I didn't really like CSI last season. I don't know if it'll ever be the same without Grissom.

Then there's a whole slew of new shows that are coming out over the next week or so. I think I've got about 4 shows scheduled to be recorded every day. If I go missing, that means that more than expected were better than expected and I've gone into my zombie TV mode. I might eventually need somebody to come over and drag me away from the Lazyboy.

4 comments:

  1. I freely admit to being addicted to tv but I also share your need to get of the lazy-boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm laughing with you, Linlah, not at you. I am an atrocious typer - fast, but not accurate. Probably too fast, because I'm definately not accurate. So, no worries - I knew what you meant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not much of a TV person but CH is and he is in his Lazyboy right now watching Dancing With the Stars.

    I don't want you to go missing from your blog, that is not acceptable.

    I do have to admit that I do love my RFD-TV.

    ReplyDelete