Friday, September 11, 2009

Breaking the rules...

Today, I finally started one of the projects I was going to do over my vacation week. I'm aware that today is the last week day of my vacation time, but I was distracted by an overwhelming need to clean my house and prove that I'm not a hoarder. As a result, I didn't get started on the $150 master bathroom revamp project until today.


This project has actually been going on for a while. I took a break from it over the summer so that I could focus on the gardens; and now I've got all the painting to get done, as well as some cleanup left over from the spring.


I've got a hangup about towels and towel bars. Call me lazy, but if I turn off the water from the shower at one end, it seems logical to me that I should be able to get my towels from that same end. Last spring, it finally bothered me enough that I removed the towel bar from the "foot" of the tub, and put up hooks for towels at the "head" of the tub, on the wall above the toilet.

That left the wall beside the foot of the tub - across from the toilet - looking blank to me. The solution to that was to buy and hang this print:

(psst! That's a $12 print in a $15 dollar diploma frame.)


Ideally, prints are supposed to be hanged so that their center is about 60" from the floor. Except, it seems to me that if a print is going to be hanged on the wall opposite of the throne, then it is more likely to be viewed from a sitting position. So, today I lowered it so that it's centered at about 35".

I think it looks quirky and fun; as though I didn't just break the rules, I threw them out the window.

I'm such a rebel.

1 comment:

  1. I'm short so I break that rule all the time. I hang pictures linlah height.

    ReplyDelete