- I got home, and changed into my painting clothes.
- I went down to the basement and painted with the latex.
- I put the latex brushes and supplies away.
- I came upstairs took the brush for the oil stain out of the freezer, gathered the other supplies I'd need and went out to the garage. I sanded the doors
- My dad arrived to check out the progress that I've made, as well as to act as my third arm when installing the light fixture. (How anybody manages to hold the fixture up, and wire it in place at the same time is beyond me.)
- After my dad left, I went to stain the doors; but I'll be darned if I could find that brush.
I gave up and walked the dogs.
Tonight, after work, I stopped at the Mecca (AKA Home Depot) and picked up another paint brush. It's a good thing that it was the brush for oil paints that I lost, or I'd have had to tack on another $15 onto my bathroom budget.
By the way, in the spirit of full disclosure, I need to admit that the new light fixture for the $150 bathroom project cost $75. That leaves me $35 over budget. So, the $150 bathroom project has now been officially renamed to the $200 bathroom project. That way, when I am finished in a few days from now, I'm hoping to be able to brag about coming in $15 under budget.