Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Good Story

I wasn't going to say anything about today's anniversary, because I figured that everybody else would be.  I took a few moments to remember, watched a few of the documentaries on A&E... until I had to stop because I was getting too emotional.  I've never been so profoundly affected by an event, as I was by the attacks on Sept 11, 2001.

But, a friend of mine said something today that I think is very right.  He said that the terrorists tried to take away our ability to smile and laugh, and so we should do both to thwart them.  And so, when I came upon this short documentary, I decided to repost it here.  It's a good story, of ordinary people stepping up and helping out.  I'd never heard it before, and I don't think many have.  It's a little longer than 10 minutes, but I think it's worth watching.




4 comments:

  1. Behold the beauty of the Brooklyn accent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been quietly weeping all weekend. And this isn't something I've ever seen. Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was pretty wonderful..thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful...did you see the story about the group of people who lifted that car and saved the guy that was underneath it and it was in flames ...that made me get goosebumps I hope i would have been in on helping lift the car if I were there also
    We all need to take care of each other

    ReplyDelete