Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Chocolate. Raspberries. Vodka

Enough Said.

But, I'll give you some background and a recipe.  Cooking club was a few nights ago.  Each month, somebody is tasked with buying the ingredients for the drinks, and this month it was my turn.  I made chocolate martinis... of a sort... well, we drank them out of martini glasses.

2 cups chocolate chips
2 cups of half and half
10 frozen raspberries in light syrop, defrosted
vodka
ice

to make them, we heated the half and half in the microwave for a few minutes (stopping to check every minute or so) until it started to simmer.  Then we poured the chocolate into the warm half and half and stirred until they melted.

We strained the raspberries by pushing them through a sieve, until only the seeds were left, then added 2/3 cup of that "juice" to the chocolate mixture.    This made about 9 drinks, which each got a shot of vodka and then was poured into a glass of ice.    I seriously doubt that these actually qualify as martinis, but they tasted good and they were pretty.  I had two... thought about more, but I didn't want to be a glutton.

2 comments:

  1. Frankly, it really is healthy if you think about it: dessert and drinks all in one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yowza! I want one. Sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete