Monday, November 28, 2011

Random thoughts


  • I'm still sick, but I think I'm on the mend.   The pain that I had in my ears and throat were like nothing I've felt before, but it's mostly gone.  Now, I've got a run of the mill nasty cold.  And laryngitis.  Because a cold always turns into laryngitis for me.  (It's been suggested that this might be a good thing.  A person only gets so many words in their lifetime, and if I didn't pack so many in all the time, maybe I wouldn't have these periods of enforced silence.)
  • I went to the eye doctor last week.  Although my eyesight isn't bad, my left eye is choosing not to work unless it has to.  The eye doctor has got a funky machine that measures the amount of effort eyes are putting into focusing on things, and apparently my left eye is acting like the partners I was always assigned in college - it does nothing, but takes half the credit.  Long story short, I have to get glasses.  I really don't know how they'll change anything, but I'm happy to try this over wearing a patch.
  • I have a bee-you-tee-ful piece of granite in the back of my car.  It's too heavy for me to get it out on my own, and my recent illness has delayed my preparation for it.  So, I'll wait until the table base in ready and in the meantime, the granite is going to stay in the car for now.  Call it extra weight for the winter driving, if you will... and it's a good sight more attractive than a bag of sand.
  • The neighbours down the road moved in a few months ago.  As far as I can tell, they've acquired and gotten rid of three pairs of dogs since their arrival.  Their current pair has been here a few weeks, and one of them has this awful, nasally high pitched bark.  I hate it.  HATE IT.  They leave it outside to bark whenever they're not home.  I want to complain, but I'm worried that the dogs will be punished, either with shock collars or being sent to the (kill) shelter.   Instead, I've been listening to music at really quite a loud volume.... and envisioning ways to torture the new neighbours.
  • Men confuse me.  This isn't a new conclusion; it's pretty much par for the course.  But.  Today, I have a new source of confusion.  A while back, I signed up on an online dating website.  I've looked a lot, but not sent out many messages, smiles, winks, nudges or anything else.  Today, I got an email from a guy whose profile I'd seen before, and I think I marked it as one that I'd be interested in.  (I thought doing that was private, and only used for the website to find other compatible profiles.)  He basically said that he was sorry for taking so long to reply, but he's been busy.  He also pointed out that he's looking for a casual/dating relationship and that I'm looking more for a long term relationship.  I went back and checked, and I haven't done anything more than to mark his profile as one that I might be interested in, so I'm not sure what he's replying to.  As far as I can tell, I think he initiated contact with me to say that he's not interested.  That might be taking the art of being pro-active a little too far, if you ask me.  And then there are the men who send me instant messages of "Hi there", and then don't respond when I say Hi back.  Why contact me, if you're not going to respond???

3 comments:

  1. Men on internet dating sites are certifiably insane. That is my official psychological diagnosis. I'm not a shrink but feel I could be after my on-line dating experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Men are confusing in real life, too.

    Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Husbands are pretty dang confusing too! Glad you are feeling better, I wrongly thought you were already all better. Ear and throat pain can make you cry. Welcome to the glasses/contacts club.

    ReplyDelete