Friday, November 25, 2011

Things I Know to be True

Today, I gave in to the flu and general exhaustion that's been dogging me for a few weeks.  I called the boss, agreed to check in every few hours in case anything urgent came up and then declared today to be a sick day.  After standing in a hot, steaming shower, I had a glass of hot ginger ale and then went to bed.

Cotton lay down, right beside my head.  Tallulah lay sideways, across the bed, with her head resting on my tummy.  Winter sat on the other side of my head and lulled me to sleep with his purrs.  When I woke up three hours later, they were still there.    My ears still ache and my chest still wheezes, but the fever is broken.  I'm starting to think that I might just survive.

The point of the story being:
Sometimes you need more than just rest.  Sometimes, you need the moral support of your loved ones too.

5 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon. Our fur babies are good to be with us when we are sick. It is comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww Janice, isn't that just the truth? "Sometimes we need the moral support of our loved ones too." I can see you with the 3 Furry Yahoos all staying close. I'm glad your fever broke and I hope you start to feel much better, but you know the Yahoos would love to stay all warm and toasty in the bed with you home. Keep your feet warm and eat soup. But you know, when I don't have the urping kind of flu all I want to eat is cheeseburgers. Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh I'm sorry you're feeling crummy...
    Dogs make the best nurses.
    I would say cats, but mine just try to kill me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I agree and hope that you are up and about soon. You wouldn't want to miss out on too much time at the office ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you're not feeling well, but it sounds like you are in very capable hands, er, paws.

    ReplyDelete