Saturday, November 19, 2011

I win! I win!

Five sets of curtain hardware later, I finally found a double rod that *almost* works.   It's not perfect, but the curtains are up, looking like they belong there and unlikely to fall down.

I was so excited that I woke up this morning and put them up at 7:00am.  (I should probably apologize to the neighbours.  They didn't want to see my pajama's that up close and personal so early in the morning.)


Old


New


I got these because the old white sheers didn't provide enough privacy and were about two feet too short.  The new sheers don't give a huge amount of privacy, but now I can pull the outside layer closed to avoid the fishbowl feeling after dark.  Plus, they're a full 9' long, so they don't look like I'm expecting another flood.  You don't get to see that, though, because there's currently a pile of cables and cords swirling around on my floor.




Also, as a side note, there's some more unexpected casualties of the flood.  I had to patch the walls last night after I took the old hardware down.  When I tried to open the paint can that was left over from the last time that I painted this room, I discovered that it'd rusted shut.  I tried a few more, and it appears that they've all rusted shut.  I've got 18 cans of paint - good lord, that's a lot - and they're all rusted shut.  I did manage to pry a few open, but they ended up with flakes of rust floating around inside them.  I wonder if the insurance company will let me enter a late submission to my claim??


5 comments:

  1. The new curtains look very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about the rusted shut cans of paint but I love, love, LOVE the new window treatment! Love the colors, the texture on the drapes, the design on the sheers-it looks Fabulous! Oooooo I just love the sheers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new curtains..gorgeous!
    18 cans of paint!? Woman, you're worse than I am.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for saying that, Pix. I struggled a bit with this room because I wanted a lot of colour, only not blue. Then I worried that having a different colour in only one room would make it seem as though it didn't fit in. So, I went for neutrals with lots of textures and patterns so it wouldn't be boring. I'm glad you noticed.

    What can I say, Sam - I love painting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the new curtains! They really are so pretty!

    P.S. I love painting, too!

    ReplyDelete