Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Snow Elf

I don't know who, but three times this year, somebody has come over and done my shovelling.  I live on a corner lot and I have a rather large driveway, so this is no small task.  It generally takes me about an hour to complete.

Last night we got a big dump of wet snow.  Since I've been working from home, I often go out and shovel before starting work in the mornings, but today I decided that I'd wait until noon (when the neighbours are more likely to be awake) and then use the snow blower.  Shortly before lunch, I heard somebody shovelling.  I looked out the back door, and could see a silhouette of somebody working on my sidewalk, but I couldn't see who it was.  I went around to the front to thank them, and to let them know that I have a snow blower (shovelling wet snow is no walk in the park), but whoever it is skedaddled when they heard me coming.  They stopped, mid job, and left with about half of the sidewalk shovelled before I could see them.

So, I finished the job myself, contemplated who my snow elf could be and wondered why they won't let me know who they are.






By the way, the snow blower did NOT work.  Apparently, snow blowers don't like wet snow either... go figure.

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe you have already been dealing with the "s" word that many times this year already. It's a mystery, your snow elf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had a laundry elf. You're lucky. Not about the snow (egads!) but to have an elf that will shovel it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weird! Why would they run for it?

    ReplyDelete