Tuesday, August 25, 2009

10

He was funny looking and dirty.
I'd just lost a bird to cancer, and wasn't ready for a new pet yet.

But they told me at the shelter that he'd come in a week ago with his litter,
and was the last to find a home.
They told me that since nobody seemed to want him, he'd probably be put down the next day.

I had to work that night, but was there the next morning when those doors opened.

He's been with me ever since.




(Mr February, 2003 SPCA calendar)

(Mr November, SPCA Calendar)
Kind of amazing, considering the quality of the pictures, eh?







Being an SPCA special, I don't know Winter's real birthday.
The SPCA guessed that it was about Aug 25, so that's what I go with.

That makes Winter 10 years old today.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Happy Birthday Winter!

    moosepants

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 10th Birthday Winter you beautiful boy you! And lots more Birthdays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture with his paw in the air is fabUlas.

    ReplyDelete