Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Because I'm a Geek

I caved. I was hoping that I'd find a new lawn mower at a garage sale, but I'd rather sleep on Saturday mornings I haven't had the chance to get out there and look for one yet. So, I bought myself a new lawn mower.

It's the Cadillac of lawn mowers. It's cordless, self-propelling, powerful, and rechargeable. AND it can be recharged with solar power, no less. It's a very impressive piece of equipment.

Oh, and it was on sale.

My only problem is that shortly before I happened upon the sale of awesome lawn mowers priced so low that even this cheap chick couldn't turn them down, I borrowed my dad's lawn mower. So, I brought home the new beauty to a yard with a freshly mowed lawn.

What's a girl to do?

Why, knock on her neighbour's door of course.

Tonight I'm mowing Jen and Shawn's lawn. Hey - at least I asked first.

3 comments:

  1. The neighbor lady who used to live next us for about 20 years used to mow my lawn in the summer all the time. She works for the school district and has summers off. I miss her for that and for so many other reasons, since she moved to the other side of town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen and Shawn, congratulations on that mower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, any lawn mower that makes you want to mow OTHER PEOPLE'S LAWNS is worth buying at any price. I don't have a lawn, but you've convinced me I need one of these, so I'm going to go run out and buy one today.

    ReplyDelete