Monday, August 10, 2009

WHOOT!

HolyCrapCanYouBelieveIt, this blog has actually got three followers! Three people - two of whom aren't relatives, friends or otherwise paid by me - who are willing to publicly admit to reading the drivel that I type out on a semi-regular basis. Sure, it could be that they don't intentionally follow my blog, and are followers by accident; but I'll take what I can get. In my optimistic yet socially inept world, three followers is a good thing!

Even better than that, my blog was recently a recipient of a very prestigious award. Linlah from corn-bean bestowed it upon me yesterday, and I am duly honored. (Psst- read her blog - it's excellent!)

Plus, any time that I get to let the f-bomb fly on my blog without actually dropping it myself, I'm game. And so, without further ado, I present to you the most excellent award:



It's small I know. It's not my fault... I stole it from linlah's website, and this is all she had.

It's the thought that counts, though, right? Plus, big honors come in small packages and all that.




Conditions of this award are such that I'm supposed to follow the below instructions.

Instructions: You can’t tag the blogger that tagged you. When you post about receiving this award make sure to include the person that gave you the award and link back to them. Select and post, with links, the five blogs you are awarding. Then let your winners know they won an award from you by emailing them or leaving a comment on their blog. Last but not least list five addictions. Seriously just FIVE and while I’m sure some of you have more than 5 there’s just not enough time.

My Winners:

Iambossy - Where speaking in the third person is an art form. And, heck, who doesn't want to be bossy?

Odd, Good, True - Try to muddle your way past the fact that standard poodles make her anxious... it's worth it, and she doesn't know better.

Blunt Delivery - Honesty in a way that you'll wish you said it first.

Rural Rambles - Life has had to take temporarily precedence over this blog, but I miss Sunday Suds.

Arren Williams' Blog - OK, it's different from most of the other blogs that I read; but I love this guy's work. He puts rooms together in a way that looks soooo good, without making them look staged. Even better, he does it on a budget and in an earth friendly way. WWAD (What Would Arren Do?) is a question that I ask myself often. And, yeah, I wrote about 5 paragraphs about this man's work before I realized that it would come across as some sort of crazy stalker-ish type diatribe. We wouldn't want the truth to come out so I deleted my gushings... but if I lived on the other side of the country and/or could afford (and could convince him) to fly out west, I'd so love to have him design my basement... Heck, he's so good, I'd probably let him rip up all the work I've done for the last five years and redo the main floor of the house too. Except, he's earth friendly, so he wouldn't. He'd just tweak, repaint and refinish what I already have until it looks - in his words - FAB. OK. Yes. I gushed anyway. I couldn't help it. He's that good. Read his blog!

My Five Addictions:

Home Decor - I'm an Arren Williams Wannabe.

Gardening - Lois Hole, I'm not; but it doesn't stop me from trying.

Photography - What am I going to do with 10GB of pictures of my pets?

Cooking - Butter is so good for you!

Standard Poodles - Eat your heart out, Cupcake....


FOR THE RECORD - I'm well aware that my bestowing my prize upon the above five bloggers is not unlike forwarding an email to ten friends right now, lest I get zits all over my face and bad luck for life. I'll bet that a bunch (all) of you have already received this prize from other's too. BUT, you know what? I've already got the zits. And I'm socially inept. And my very first blogging prize makes me so proud. So, take the darned prize. Brag about it in your own blog, and pass it on. Trust me - you don't want the zits.

3 comments:

  1. You're like big hearted and non-judgemental--giving me an award even though I'm a total ass about standard pooders I mean poodles. Thank you thank you thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, stop yourself already.

    i'm brimming with excitement. seriously, i don't deserve it. i'm not fucking fabulous.. or any kind of fabulous...

    but i love you anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janice thank you, thank you very much indeed-ie. The not so "goodie two shoes" of me loves that someone thinks my blog is f-bomb fab-u-lous and I have to admit that I actually drop the f-bomb several times a day 'cause, well, there just is no other word that works as well.
    And you have been too funny lately. Who are you? All that time and I never knew how fun, fun, funny you are. "Go Bert!" CH and I use this daily now in any situation whether it fits or not and reduces us both to tears. Suds is at a "stuffie" kind of camp but will be home soon.

    ReplyDelete