Wednesday, August 12, 2009

One week

Tomorrow will be one week since Cotton's meds were doubled. I've been hesitant to say anything because it seems to me that anytime I declare him improved, he goes back into a state of extreme terror. I'm feeling more confident, though. It's been almost a week since he has had a panic attack. It's a big improvement, but there's a pretty big side affect.







Cotton is stoned.










Like, stoned to the gills... 'somebody get me some more wacky weed'... 'who's got my bong' stoned.
(Doesn't that statement expose me as the true gangsta that I am?)

The dude ain't feelin no pain.

I'm supposed to wait 10-14 days for the meds to settle in before we'll get an idea of their impact... 2-3 months before we know for sure. For now, though, I'm enjoying the break from the constant stress; and I am sure he is too. I do need to talk to the vet about decreasing his dose, and bringing him closer to reality. Then again, maybe I don't. As a friend of mine pointed out - It's not like he's got to get up and go to work, or think through complicated equations. Given a choice between the terror he's been living with and being stoned, maybe being stoned isn't such a bad thing.

2 comments:

  1. Stoned or not, Cotton you are one cute lil' fluffy white dude on that couch. Seriously how cute is that pup? A week without a panic attack-great wonderful hopeful news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks really stoned but happy and if you think about it you're his dealer.

    ReplyDelete